Mike handles complex litigation matters for businesses and individuals in state and federal courts, arbitration, and mediation. He regularly represents:
- Manufacturers in supply chain litigation involving stop-shipment situations, requests for injunctive relief, volume and pricing disputes, and related “terms and conditions” negotiations and litigation.
- Business owners and officers in litigation arising out of equity interest valuation and corporate governance disputes, including claims of shareholder and member oppression, breaches of fiduciary duties, and errors and omissions of company officers and directors.
- Employers and employees in litigation arising out of contractual and fiduciary duties, including covenants not to compete, covenants not to solicit, non-disclosure agreements, and claims of trade secret misappropriation.
- Individuals and companies in commercial litigation matters involving contract disputes, business torts, policyholder coverage claims, sales commission disputes, and business disparagement claims.
Prior to joining Silver & Van Essen, Mike spent several years in the Chicago office of Holland & Knight, LLP practicing in the areas of real estate and financial services litigation.
Bar Admissions & Affiliations
University of Illinois College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
North Park University, B.A., magna cum laude
Honors & Awards
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star (Business Litigation)
- Associate Editor, University of Illinois Law Review
- Eagle Scout, National Eagle Scout Association